Those of you who read my ‘Cummins Christmas Part 2’ post may remember me raving about a magic sauce — Chimichurri. For those of you who missed it, don’t worry! You get a full post about it today!
In reality, chimichurri is a sauce made up of oil, vinegar, garlic, and herbs. In my reality, it’s magic. Chimichurri is a go-to sauce for pretty much anything. Top steak, pork chops, vegetables, eggs, and chicken with a spoonful for an instant flavor kick. This tart, garlicky sauce instantly transforms any dish.
There are many variations on chimichurri sauces, but this recipe is the recipe my mom and grandma have been using for as long as I remember. It’s so simple, it’s almost a non-recipe. Just throw it all in the food processor and let the magic happen. Try it out on your favorite dish tonight and let me know what you think! Some of my personal favorites are seared flank steak and oven roasted pork loin. But really, it’s good on everything so get creative!
- 1 medium bunch parsley, stems removed
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbls. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. – 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process on low for 1 minute, or until all ingredients are finely chopped and well combined.
- Allow to sit for 12 hours as the flavors develop. Store at room temperature.