Pie for pi day?? I know, I know, lame. But what I lack in creativity, I’ll make up for in delicious pie!
This incredibly easy key lime pie recipe is credited to my mom. All you need is about 20 minutes and the patience to juice a pound of key limes and viola! You have a delicious and impressive pie.
I ended up using about a half cup of lime juice, but I like my key lime pie fairly tart. If you want your pie on the sweeter side, start with 1/3 cup, taste the mixture, and adjust accordingly. And if you can’t find key limes in your grocery store, regular limes will work just as well. So next time you need to impress some dinner guests, throw this easy pie together and prepare to amaze!
Key Lime Pie
- 12-14 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 5 egg yolks
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the graham crackers in a large zip lock bag and crush with a kitchen hammer or something similar.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers with the sugar. Pour in the melted butter and stir until well combined and evenly moist.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into a pie dish to form the crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- While the pie crust is cooking, whisk the egg yolks until just broken up. Slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk while stirring.
- Stir in the key lime juice. Taste and add more if necessary.
- When the pie crust is set, pour the key lime mixture into the pie crust. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Let cool in the fridge for several hours.