Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese sandwich? And who doesn’t love some roasted beets? Ok, maybe that’s a stretch, but drizzle them in some balsamic vinegar and pair them with warm goat cheese and you’ll make anyone a beet lover.
This adult take on a classic comfort food is incredibly simple and even more delicious. The sweetness of the roasted beets pairs perfectly with the savory, creamy goat cheese. Pair it with a grown up side dish or some tomato soup and goldfish for a comforting, upscale classic.
Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of thick, crusty bread
- 1 large beet, washed, peeled, and chopped into medium sized chunks
- 1 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the beets in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper and toss to coat. Bake until cooked through, 45-60 minutes.
- Remove the beets from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, slice thin.
- Spread a thick layer of goat cheese on each slice of bread. Layer beets on one slice of bread and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Top with the other slice of bread.
- Heat a pan or Panini press over medium heat. Heat the sandwich until the goat cheese is warm and gooey.