Summer time means I want to grill just about everything. Yes, including potatoes. These grilled sweet potato wedges are a perfect summer side for your grilled burgers, steaks, and sausages. Paired with the cool, flavorful, avocado cilantro cream, these sweet potato wedges will make you forget about French fries all together.
Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with Avocado Cilantro Cream
- 1 large sweet potato, washed
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (homemade, if you want it to be Whole30)
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 tbls. chopped fresh cilantro
- juice from half a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water with the sweet potato to a boil. Cook until the potato is partially cooked, 7-10 minutes.
- Drain the sweet potato and allow to cool.
- While the sweet potato cools, preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Slice the sweet potato into large wedges and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until charred grill marks appear, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Combine the homemade mayonnaise, mashed avocado, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Top your grilled sweet potatoes with the cream and enjoy!