You know those times your craving something creamy, spicy, and guilt ridden and no replacement will do? Good news. These lettuce wraps satisfy all those cravings minus the post-craving guilt! Just protein filled, healthy fat rich, Whole30 goodness.
Not that I don’t have faith in my own cooking, but I was honestly surprised how delicious this meal was. It took only a few minutes to throw together and suddenly, I was in buffalo chicken Whole30 heaven. Plus, check out those recipe steps. Just throw everything in a bowl and you’re done!
If you’re wondering how you should cook your chicken breast, I always brine my chicken in a combination of 1/4 cup of salt and 4 cups of water. This isn’t a necessary step, but it definitely adds another level of flavor and helps prevent tasteless, dry chicken. Throw in some sturdy herbs such as bay leaves, rosemary stalks, or crushed red pepper for even more flavor, then just sear and finish in the oven!
This recipe is also a super versatile base that you could mix up a number of different ways. Use cucumber boats or wedges of bell pepper instead of lettuce wraps, or throw in whatever veggies you happen to have in the fridge. This would be a perfect party appetizer served in small cucumber cups! Or just keep it all for yourself. You won’t regret it.
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 medium chicken breast, grilled and diced
- 1/4 cup homemade ranch (I like this recipe from theclothesmakethegirl.com)
- 2 tbls. hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot (check your labels!)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tbls. dice red onion
- 4-5 large lettuce leaves
- Combine the chicken breast, ranch dressing, hot sauce, carrot, and celery in a medium bowl. Spoon into lettuce wraps (or whatever vessel you choose).
- Enjoy shamelessly and guilt free.